Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 15

Monday: Rode with Adly, Shyrim and Kenny to KKB via Ulu Yam there and back. Wanted to work the climbs, and put in some decent amount of work on the front. Managed to do both. On the way back, I decided to pull a Maxime Monfort from the right turn after the bridge. In my mind, I was on the Galibier. And the terrain was quite similar too, but on a smaller scale. The first part was more of a false flat where I monstered a big gear, and the part after the camp on the left was steeper, akin to the steeper section to Sierre Chevalier. NP for both climbs were 248W. 280 TSS points.

Tuesday: Longest ride of the 4 day block to Bentong and back. Legs were very heavy out the door and on the climb to Sempah. NP was only 232W and I felt like I was working very hard. But on the way back from Bentong it felt that whatever it was blocking my legs were gone and I pushed it as hard as I could from the hot springs to the top. NP was 240W for almost an hour. Not too shabby on the back end of a 4 day block to be pushing that hard. 325 TSS points.

Saturday: Rode Home – Batu 18 – Tekala – Broga – Lenggeng – Broga – Kajang Perdana – Home. Although it was supposed to be a ride WITH BJCC from Batu 18 to Lenggeng, it turned out to be a ride IN FRONT of BJCC for almost the entire route to Lenggeng. Took it as my responsibility to control the pace and bring the group to the climbs in good condition. Mission accomplished, I would say. Pushed it really hard from Kajang Perdana to TTDI averaging a (wind-assisted) 37 km/h. 325 TSS points.

Sunday: I thought my legs would be OK after the long ride on Saturday. But turned out to be otherwise. Knowing the nature of rides with P2K, I just had to suck it up and bear with it. Couldn’t respond when Kelvin jumped away at Kuang, and couldn’t close the gap just before the left turn to the rolling climbs on Jalan Batu Arang. Felt better on the way back and helped close down Leonard who was feeling VERY frisky. A hard and fast ride for 180 TSS points.

After the weekend extravaganza, wanted to log another ride on Thursday but the legs felt really iffy and I was quite fatigued. So decided to save it for the next day. But Friday turned out to be a case of slight fever and stomach discomfort. So THAT plan was shelved. However, target was achieved. More than 1000 TSS points this week. 1110 to be exact! Now to back this up with another big week next week as Wednesday is a public holiday and next weekend will be a long 4 day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment